A Message From Senior Pastor Carl Stephens
On Monday, March 23, we began a churchwide hiatus on all ALL CLASSES, GROUPS, and EVENTS that were meeting in-person. As the landscape of COVID-19 is quickly changing, this break has now been extended through the end of the countywide AT-HOME ORDER, lasting until April 9. As we continue to follow the guidance of local authorities, we will update you as needed. If you have any questions, please call the church office at 407.275.8790.
We will continue meeting for CHURCH ONLINE throughout all of our regularly scheduled services. CLICK HERE to download our “TV GUIDE,” which includes a full listing of our weekly online services and programming, as well as information on where to watch!
For reference on the County’s statement, here is a brief quote from their announcement:
Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings has ordered all non-essential retail and commercial businesses to close and all residents to stay home from non-essential travel. This order will take effect at 11 p.m. on Thursday, March 26 and will continue for two weeks until April 9 at 11 p.m. The order means that the entirety of Orange County is ordered to stay at home as much as possible, with exceptions for businesses and travel deemed “essential.”
In order to slow the spread of COVID-19, all Orange County residents are ordered to limit travel to essential trips ONLY and to STAY AT HOME as much as possible. Orange County urges all residents to continue monitoring their personal health and the health of their families, practice social distancing and self-quarantine for 14 days.
Will churches and places of worship be open?
Yes. However, religious leaders are encouraged to fully comply with all measures advised by the CDC, including limiting gatherings to not more than ten (10) people and practicing social distancing of at least six (6) feet between persons. Religious leaders are also encouraging to use online streaming services, if available.
In other words, in addition to Church Online, we will be continuing to operate as an “essential” business by offering assistance to our community through our online services as well as our “Here to Help“ outreach, and our church office will remain open, however, we are taking appropriate precautions as a staff.
Drive-Thru Grocery Distribution | March 30 | 10am | Curry Ford Campus
In our effort to continue to provide help and hope, we are partnering up with Second Harvest Food Bank & the Orlando Dream Center to host a DRIVE THRU Grocery Distribution at the overhang in Parking Lot 2 on Monday, March 30 at 10am until supplies last!
For Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions about the At-Home Order, click here for a detailed PDF resource from Orange County.
Assistance for Small Businesses
OCPS Grab & Go Lunches
03-24-20 | 2:58PM | Pray for Mikel French
While COVID-19 has given us all a little extra time at home, we pray that each of you are using this season to create new personal disciplines, as well as grow in your relationship with God and your family.
In light of recent information, I wanted to inform the Faith Assembly family that our Guest Speaker on the weekend of March 14 and 15, Evangelist Mikel French, has just reported a confirmed case of COVID-19. To clarify, this was the last weekend of services that we met in person before moving fully to CHURCH ONLINE. During those services, Mikel French did not physically lay hands on anyone at the altar, and throughout his visit, he had limited contact with the congregation.
Mikel left on Monday, March 16 and flew home to Oklahoma, where, later that day he began noticing a change physically to his health. On Monday, March 23, after entering the hospital in Oklahoma with flu-like symptoms, he was diagnosed with the Coronavirus.
The good news is that today marks the ninth day since he was present with us. Alice and myself spent the most time with him throughout his stay, and we are not exhibiting any related symptoms, however, out of an abundance of caution, we decided to go to the ER just to be sure, and both our blood work and X-rays came back good, so we were sent home.
As a church, we are continuing to operate in FAITH, knowing that “in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
Please be praying for the entire Faith Assembly staff as well as for our church leadership as we navigate uncharted territory together! We also ask that you pray for a quick and speedy recovery, as Mikel has always been a blessing to our church and a mouthpiece for God around the globe.
Moving forward, we will still use our website
, and the App
to communicate updates, so please stay connected with us as “social media” becomes the remedy for “social distancing.”
Love and Blessings from all of us,
Pastor Carl & Alice Stephens
03-20-20 | 10:20PM | Church Online
We are SO EXCITED to be launching our very first weekend of CHURCH ONLINE. Now, more than ever, we get to show the world how the Church operates OUTSIDE of four walls. Starting this weekend, March 21 and 22, we will be meeting ONLINE ONLY for all of our regularly scheduled services, where you can participate from the comfort and safety of your own living room.
We don’t want to disrupt anyone’s normal routines, as we know #COVID19 has already done enough of that. So, we are streaming at all of our NORMAL TIMES:
- Saturday at 6pm
- Sunday at 9am
- Sunday at 11:15am
Where to Watch:
With relocating church to an online-only experience, we want to make our services as easily ACCESSIBLE as possible. You may join us online on ANY of the following platforms:
Quick Links to Keep Handy:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will there be programming for Kids? Yes! Stay connected to the livestream IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING each weekend service for a 30-minute Kids Way programming designed for kids in grades 1-5.
- Is there anything offered for teens and young adults? Yes! Check out the TV GUIDE for a full listing of streaming times, and follow them on social media to stay connected!
- What if I miss a service? You can re-watch or playback any service on the specific platform(s) it was streamed on. (Facebook, YouTube, Website)
- What about Spanish Translation?We will be continuing translation for the Spanish-speaking community. Watch on Sundays during the 9am or 11:15am services and Wednesdays at 7pm at faithassembly.org/spanishtranslation.
- Is Deaf Interpretation still happening? Yes! They will be posting the 9am Sunday service on their “Deaf and Interpreter – FA” Facebook Page. Email Marilu Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Throughout church history, both prayer & fasting have proven to be the Biblical response to sicknesses and plagues. As Christians, we believe it is our duty to lead by example and respond out of FAITH, not FEAR.
Over the next three days, beginning at sun up Monday, March 16 and continuing through sundown on Wednesday, March 18, we challenge you to join us in Prayer & Fasting! Lean in to the provided Prayer Focuses, meditate on the daily devotion, and choose something to fast that’s both personal and sacrificial to you.
Then, join us at the conclusion of our three-day fast for corporate prayer during our Wednesday night service at 7pm on March 18 as we seek God & his healing together.
To help guide your prayer times and unify us as a church today, and throughout our three-day fast, we’ve put together a list of prayer points. Please join us as we focus on the following:
- Pray for those infected with Coronavirus to receive immediate healing.
- Pray for government officials to use wisdom in decision-making.
- Pray for the safety and wisdom of medical professionals as they treat those that are ill.
- Pray for those whose jobs place them in the frontline of all Coronavirus related needs:
- For those in the travel industry who risk being in contact with sick travelers.
- For those who work at grocery stores, where many are flooding to stock up on everyday essentials.
- For those working in the sanitation industry, facing a higher demand on cleaning.
- For those working in nursing homes and rehab centers and are around the elderly and those with suppressed immune systems.
- Pray for a cure or vaccine to be found by those doing clinical research and studies.
- Pray for the ability to contain further worldwide spread of Coronavirus.
- Pray for the elderly, expecting mothers, and those with compromised immune systems or pre-existing conditions to be spared from the outbreak.
- Pray for the Global Church to be seen as a source of love, hope, and compassion in response to Coronavirus and all relate side effects.
- Pray for those in isolation and quarantine to find some good in the midst of this time of solitude.
- Pray for the families of those who lost a loved one to Coronavirus to receive the support they need in this difficult season.
- Pray for those who are being executed in other countries for testing positive for the virus.
- Pray for anyone who has been separated from their loved ones because they work in a field that requires being on-call around-the-clock.
- Pray for children of low-income families who rely on the public school’s free & reduced meal programs as their main source of food.
Download Daily Devotional
In the midst of a global pandemic, we feel it is our duty, as a church, to keep our doors open at this time, which means our regularly scheduled services (tonight at 6pm and tomorrow at 9 & 11:15am) are still meeting in person!
We understand that some churches are closing, and we respect that decision, but we feel an individual call as a church to provide a place of hope for those who seek it.
This does NOT mean there is an expectation for you to attend our services live. While you are welcome to do so, the overall safety of our congregation and community are both of utmost importance. If you, or someone you live with, is elderly, an expecting mother, has a preexisting condition, is sick, or has a weak immune system, then we kindly ask you to tune in online! You can do so at:
If you do choose to join us in person, here are some subtle changes you can expect during our weekend services:
- Our Custodial Department will be disinfecting the Sanctuary between EVERY SERVICE.
- Our in-service greeting time will be slightly adjusted, so you don’t feel pressured to shake hands or make physical contact with your neighbors.
- FaithCafe will be making all orders “to-go” so that trays aren’t being exchanged or reused between customers.
- All staff & volunteers are encouraged to constantly wash hands when on duty, and to stay home if experiencing any slight symptoms of sickness at all.
- All touch points, door handles, surfaces, food prep stations, toys in Kids Way and common areas are constantly being wiped down.
We are continuing to monitor and pray for the COVID-19 situation as it develops both locally and globally, and we are committed to providing you with up to date information. This is a day by day journey, so please extend grace as we navigate this situation together.
A Message From Senior Pastor Carl Stephens
As our organization is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in real-time, we want to remind you that, as Christians, we are to respond with faith, not fear.
With that being said, while we are initiating a prayer and fasting campaign (scroll down), we are also taking the appropriate precautions. As a gathering place, we believe it is important to communicate with you our ongoing efforts to keep our facilities clean.
Here are some of the procedures we have set in place to do so:
- Beginning earlier this week, our Custodial Department has enforced extra disinfecting protocols, assuring all door handles, Sanctuary seats, and classrooms are being constantly sanitized.
- Our Kids Way and Cafe Teams have enforced their already-strict hand washing policies. In addition, food prep stations, toys, and surfaces are being wiped down.
We invite you to join us in our efforts by adhering to the following best-practices:
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms of sickness, please join us on our Live Stream at faithassembly.org/live or on Facebook.
- Cover your mouth (with your forearm) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands with both soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Keep alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wipes handy.
At this time, we are continuing our weekly services as normal, but are following recommendations from federal and local government agencies, as well as the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In seasons like this, it is important to turn to the word of God more than ever:
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
– 2 Chronicles 7:14
At Faith Assembly, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our congregation is always a top priority. For more information, visit faithassembly.org/corona
Pastor Carl Stephens
Throughout church history, both prayer & fasting have proven to be the Biblical response to sicknesses and plagues. As Christians, we believe it is our duty to lead by example and respond out of FAITH, not FEAR. Please join us for THREE DAYS of Prayer & Fasting, starting at sun up Monday, March 16 and continuing through sundown on Wednesday, March 18. Join us at the conclusion of our three-day fast for corporate prayer during our Wednesday night service.
Let us press into the following Scriptures as we walk out our faith together:
- “David built an altar to the LORD there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. Then the LORD answered his prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.” – 2 Samuel 24:25
- “But Phineas stood up and intervened, and the plague was checked.”
– Psalm 106:30
- “So Aaron did as Moses said, and ran into the midst of the assembly. The plague had already started among the people, but Aaron offered the incense and made atonement for them. He stood between the living and the dead, and the plague stopped.” – Numbers 16:47-48
- “Pharaoh quickly summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against the Lord your God and against you. Now forgive my sin once more and pray to the Lord your God to take this deadly plague away from me. And the Lord changed the wind to a very strong west wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea. Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt.” – Exodus 10:16-17, 19
- “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
– 2 Chronicles 7:14
- “And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.”
– Revelation 18:4