Orlando Neighborhood Improvement Corporation
This position is responsible for providing programmatic, administrative, and clerical support for the
ONIC’s PRODIGY Cultural Arts Program. PRODIGY is a Department of Education grant-funded prevention
program that serves the community. Engage and inspire young people aged 5-17 to learn and grow to
be responsible adults. This position requires a good understanding of Program policies and procedures,
and the ability to work with instructors, parents, program partners, and community members in a
culturally diverse setting.
Work Hours: Full-Time, hourly, minimum 40 hrs. per week; Monday-Friday, with 4 – 5 nights, occasional
weekends, and holidays. (schedule is determined by program needs). Job implemented at multiple
Compensation: $15.00 HR. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off/holidays, and other benefits
as outlined in the agency employee handbook.
Responsibilities and Tasks (Other duties may be assigned):
- Facilitate and assist Instructor/staff with program participants in Learning center programs (e.g.
projects, computer labs), using a variety of techniques, create a structured environment to
reinforce fun learning & meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Ensures that the programs and services are effective in meeting the needs of all youth, and
adhere to the organizational objectives.
- Provide door-to-door outreach and information, to all residents, engaging them in respective
activities. Recruitment and retainment.
- Determines the gaps in service delivery and recommends strategies for improvement.
- Model and share socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as positive
reinforcement and effective communication.
- Create and assist in the establishment of clear objectives for all lessons, projects, and activities
- Partner with outside agencies as appropriate to support students and their families.
- Work in collaboration with teachers, families, and other program staff to plan and implement
supports for the students and their families.
- Enter appropriate student data into appropriate forms in a specific database.
- Monitor attendance for Prodigy students.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Skills in classroom communications and ability to communicate and relate to youth.
- Skills in communication with fellow employees, students, parents, program partners, and
- Ability to work with student(s) grades 1st through 12th.
- Ability to understand and apply program procedures, regulations, and rules.
- Ability to implement interventions to support academic needs.
- Excellent written/verbal/listening skills.
- Skills in computer, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Required Licenses/Certifications and Other Specific Requirements of Law:
- This position requires a Livescan Level II Background Screening.
- This position requires fingerprinting.
- This position requires a child care provider security check as required under Sections 402.305
and 402.3055, Florida Statutes.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of
employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to
All resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com