|Date Posted||June 21, 2018|
Adult school crossing guards are employed by the Sheriff of Orange County to protect children attending elementary and middle schools in all parts of the county.
School Crossing Guards are paid $12.50 per hour (with a 3.5% increase beginning August 2018.) They only work two hours a day. Cash allowances are paid for recruiting assistance and good attendance. Training, fingerprints, employment exam, and protective safety equipment is provided at no cost to the guards.
Candidates for employment must meet the minimum requirements:
- Be able to perceive potential traffic hazards
- Be sufficiently agile to move swiftly to avoid danger
- Be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Veterans of military service must be honorably separated
To view job posting and/or apply online, visit www.ocso.com.