|Company Name||Alpha EMC|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
Alpha is an environmental, energy and safety solutions company that works with residential construction companies to serve and consult for them. On our Environmental Field Services side, we are mainly seeking individuals that like working outside doing a mixture of landscaping and construction. We also look for individuals that have some leadership experience along with the mixture of landscaping and construction work. and Professional Services. On our Professional Services side, we are seeking individuals that have some environmental science background or experience on a construction site. More importantly, we are looking for individuals that have a positive attitude and a bright spirit. We can always train where someone is lacking in those items if they have a go-getter attitude. Contact Katelyn Langosch with any interest: email@example.com, 407-604-3785.
The Field Consultant position is responsible for assuring environmental field site compliance while updating SWPPP, communicating suggested ideas for erosion control, OSHA safety, and energy compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct construction site evaluations to assess EPA Stormwater compliance, OSHA Safety compliance, and IECC Energy compliance.
- Verify that proper Erosion and Sediment control practices (BMPs), Safety Measures, and Energy Code requirements are in compliance with pertinent regulations
- Complete all site evaluation documentation in electronic systems and onsite recordkeeping Stormwater/Safety/Energy Log book.
- Communicate specific requirements of state and local Stormwater, safety, and energy regulations to client onsite personnel.
- Consult with client to stay ahead of potential compliance issues and improve efficiency and operations.
- Update all regulatory onsite records, including SWPPP logs, site BMP maps, and required site postings.
- Communicate daily with immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a positive, communicative relationship with clients.
- Return all calls and emails from clients promptly and within the same business day.
- Be proactive in learning regulatory requirements, problem solving, and solution oriented.
- Educate clients on all of Alpha EMC services as well as work with Alpha EMC management to
bring additional value to clients related to new services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- T eamwork Orientation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
On location at Alpha EMC client Construction job sites. Proper construction field attire is required including high top and hard-toe work boots that protect the ankle, hard hats, Alpha-branded polo shirt (or safety vest) Khaki pants (no jeans) Safety glasses and safety vest may be required on a case by case basis pursuant to local and jobsite specific requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility, 40+ hours a week. Due to the nature of the industry and environmental laws/regulations, this may cause you to work on weekends and/or holidays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on a case by case basis.
Education and Experience
- AA/AS Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of general construction and environmental regulations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Dependable Transportation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach over head. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, walking, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.