|Company Name||Alpha EMC|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
Alpha is an environmental, energy and safety solutions company that works with residential construction companies to serve and consult for them. On our Environmental Field Services side, we are mainly seeking individuals that like working outside doing a mixture of landscaping and construction. We also look for individuals that have some leadership experience along with the mixture of landscaping and construction work. and Professional Services. On our Professional Services side, we are seeking individuals that have some environmental science background or experience on a construction site. More importantly, we are looking for individuals that have a positive attitude and a bright spirit. We can always train where someone is lacking in those items if they have a go-getter attitude. Contact Katelyn Langosch with any interest: firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-604-3785.
The Field Quality Manager position is responsible for managing a team of Environmental Field Services Specialists at construction sites in the installation and maintenance of erosion control materials and tools, quality assurance, as well as watching for safety issues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead a crew of Environmental Field Service (EFS) Specialists
- Assure all standards of quality met in the field
- Watch for safety hazards on jobsite, correct employees anytime they are working in an unsafe
- Operate company machinery, including trucks, trailer, and all other equipment in a safe manner with
proper care and treatment
- Assist with hiring and developing team members on the crew
- Interface with clients on site to assure work is done and generate new work
- Assure job site efficiency, safety, and decorum at all times
- Create and reinforce Alpha EMC culture with crew (attire, communication, work ethic, attitude)
- Assure that job materials are maintained and utilized without waste or loss
- Lead the work effort in the field and with knowledge of proper installation and maintenance of Best
Management Practices (BMPs)
- Demonstrate organization and be conscious of data usage amount (i.e. using data tablet, computers,
- Ability to communicate clearly in written text, email, reports for completed work, and through all in
person and verbal interactions (i.e. text message, email, etc.)
- Complete all required reports and submissions in an accurate and timely manner including inputting
all work into Field Aware mobile application and Work Quality Statement sheets
- Take initiative to learn, train and develop skills that demonstrate effective leadership
- Lead all efforts of crew work for the day’s events (driving to site, proper tool handling, management
of materials, quality of work, sign off on reports/SWPPP, communication in field, care of materials
and tools, keeping team from hitting OT, ensuring site safety measures, etc.)
- Foster improved communication amongst teams and departments
- Act as a sounding board to teammates related to personnel issues/concerns
- Work with local leaders to create, obtain and exceed goals and objectives
- Evaluate EFS Specialists on a quarterly basis and providing feedback to improve overall
effectiveness of the team
- Additional duties as assigned
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position manages all assigned EFS Specialists of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
On location at Alpha EMC client construction job sites. Proper construction field attire is required including high top and hard-toe work boots that protect the ankle, hard hats, Alpha EMC uniform shirt (or safety vest) Khaki pants (no jeans). Safety glasses and safety vest may be required on a case by case basis pursuant to local and jobsite specific requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (time varies depending on work location) with flexibility, 40+ hours a week. Due to the nature of the industry and environmental laws/regulations, this may cause you to work on weekends and/or holidays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience
- 1 year of leadership experience
- High School diploma or GED required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be approved to be on company insurance
- Must have good command of the English language (written and spoken)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach over head. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, walking, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.