|Date Posted||January 22, 2019|
About us: For more than 35 years, Pioneers’ passion has been to see God glorified among those who are physically and spiritually isolated from the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pioneers is an international movement that partners with local churches to send teams to make disciples among unreached people groups.
Pioneers seeks to make employment decisions, including decisions concerning hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment, in accordance with applicable federal and state employment discrimination laws and regulations, including EEO, FMLA, and EPPA. As a religious organization, Pioneers is entitled to make employment decisions, including hiring decisions, on the basis of religious beliefs and practice of the applicant or employee. All positions require evidence of a personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ and identification with a local church. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply: Follow the application instructions under the position description at http://www.pioneers.org/careers or contact email@example.com.
Maintenance and Grounds Technician—(full-time, paid position)
Are you a friendly and skilled individual who enjoys working with a team to meet goals and safety standards? Do you take pride in seeing the results from spending a majority of your work day on equipment and grounds maintenance projects?
Pioneers is seeking an energetic, motivated teammate to serve on the Campus Services team.
The Campus Services Team Member – Maintenance and Grounds Technician assists with a variety of tasks across the operational service sub-teams according to fluctuating business needs and seasonal demands. This role primarily assists the Grounds Manager and Director of Maintenance with the oversight of the maintenance shop, carts, maintenance equipment, as well as assisting the Grounds Manager with the oversight of the 30+ acre campus. This position may also assist with special events, set- up and take-down, and occasional custodial duties. Work in this role might be similar to mechanic, facilities, and shop foreman work.
Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time position with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact our HR team for a copy of the job description.
What does a normal work day look like?
• Work outdoors in varying climate conditions, including heat, cold, and during precipitation;
• irrigation duties such as testing, repairs, adjustment, installs and irrigation maintenance throughout the campus;
• operate a utility vehicle or company truck/van;
• equipment and vehicle repairs including minor repairs and maintenance of carts, mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, blowers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc.;
• grounds maintenance including string trimmer use, edging, forced air blowing, weed pulling, raking, digging, planting of different size plants and trees, watering and work on irrigation, adjusting sprinkler heads, applying mulch and pine straw, application of different products, trimming palm trees;
• maintenance including painting, pressure washing, scrubbing, mopping, sweeping, wiping down cobwebs;
• maintenance of electrical components, wiring/ testing electronic equipment/ timers/ controllers;
• occasional event set-up and take-down,
• occasional custodial duties;
• occasional transportation of guests during events.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
• firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission
• ability to bend, climb and lift 50lbs consistently, stand and walk for a minimum of 4 hours
• valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
• initiative and an eye for details
• organized to remember daily and weekly tasks / assignments
• service oriented individual and impactful team player that works well with others
Benefits of this full-time position include:
• fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
• fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family • optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans • annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays
• This is a full-time position averaging approximately 40 hours a week over 5 weekdays.