Due to a high-volume of those needing assistance, we ask you to limit your guest count to your spouse (if they’re filing with you) and small children if you’re a single parent unable to secure childcare.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Faith Assembly’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program is a free, appointment-only, tax preparation service. Appointments are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Elderly, Low-Income, Limited English-Speaking, or Persons with Disabilities
Taxpayers Making $58,000 or Less
February 4-April 8 (Saturdays)
By Appointment Only
Before proceeding with the application, we kindly ask you to answer the following two questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Know Before You Go
1. Social Security Card for you, spouse and dependents claimed on the return (*Originals only, No photocopies*)
2. Photo ID (Driver’s license) for you and your spouse, if filing jointly.
3. For Direct Deposit: Proof of bank account routing and account numbers, such as a blank
4. If Married Filing Jointly, your spouse has to be present.
5. Bring ALL ORIGINAL forms received to prove income (e.g., W-2, 1099-G, 1099-R, SSA-1099, etc.)
- Interest and Dividend Statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- If you have Business (Self-Employment) Income (1099-NEC, 1099-Misc, 1099-K) -Bring a summary list of all your income and all business-related expenses.
6. Bring ALL ORIGINAL forms received to prove deductions or special credits (e.g., statement from daycare provider with their tax id #, charitable contribution statements, student loan, tuition (Form 1098-T, 2021 Statement/Invoice from college/institution etc.)
7. Form 1095-A – Health Insurance Marketplace Statement (Required to bring this form if insured by Marketplace). Without this Form, we will not be able to do your taxes.
8. Health Savings Account Information: If you have an HSA Acct, please bring your 5498-SA (contributions) and your 1099-SA Forms (distributions).
9. Copy of your 2021 Tax Return
10. Proof of Head of Household and dependents:
If you are single, divorced or separated for more than 6 months and claiming a child you need to provide the following:
- Proof of divorce or separation (e.g., divorce decree, court decree, etc.)
- Proof child is related to you – birth certificate, etc.
- Proof child’s age – ID, birth certificate, school records
- Proof child lived with you – School records, medical records, etc.
- If you or more people can claim the child, proof you are the only person allowed to claim the child (e.g., court decree, etc.)
Please arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Failure to arrive on time will result in a cancellation of your appointment.
Park in Parking Lot 2 and enter through the Main Entrance under the Overhang.
You will be asked to show a confirmation of your appointment time upon arrival, so have your phone or a printed copy ready.
Please bring any copies of this past year’s tax-related documents for those filing jointly within your household, including W2s, I9s, etc.
A VITA volunteer will work alongside you one-on-one to assist you in preparing your taxes.
We are located in East Orlando at Faith Assembly of God.
9307 Curry Ford Road, Orlando, Florida 32825
Upon arrival, we recommend entering through the Main Entrance under the Overhang in Parking Lot 2. Once you arrive inside the East Lobby, go up the Grand Staircase and follow the directional signs until you get to the Computer Lab on the Second Floor B-Wing.
Appointments are limited and given at a first-come, first-serve basis, therefore we can not fully guarantee a new appointment window should you have to cancel.
We kindly ask that you cancel within 48 hours of your scheduled time, so that we can open your slot up to someone on our waiting list.